Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mon Anniversaire

I like the idea of the French word for Birthday. Happy anniversary of your birth!

Darcy invited me over to her place for dinner and a delicious dessert after which we went over to a pub/club called Coolin to meet up with some friends for drinks and dancing. Is that not the most awesome name for such an establishment?

I also treated myself to a little shopping, don't worry, I didn't go overboard, just one cute outfit. I gotta say, I am extremely proud of (and also a little surprised by)my self control in the shopping department. It's not easy, when you walk by a shoe store every other window on your way to the gorcery store, but I only look...and sometimes I go inside for a better look, but then I just say "Bonjour" to the sales person who looks like they might pounce on me for a sale, and slowly back away. The words "Prix Shoc!" (read "shocking price!") generally grabs my attention but I do not touch, because French sales people can make you think that a banana peal would make a fabulous hat. I may not know many things in the fashion department but I do know that fruit does not belong on your head! Anyway, they don't generally pounce on you until you touch the garment, so keep your hands to yourself unless you want to get out your wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment