Thursday, March 12, 2009

Arrived at last1

Internet is touch and go here in my little french apartment, so Im using the computer at the Fromont household which has a different keyboard so please excuse the odd spellings. I also donùt have a lot of time, but I wanted to write to say that I msde it to Paris and its as I remember it and yet completely different! I love my apartment and neighborhood. I have been spending time getting to know the Fromont kids (who are absolutely adorable) Unfortunately I havent done a lot of sight seeing yet because in ;y off time, I sleep since the jetlag is really taking its toll. I do see the Eiffel Tower everyday though which is always a welcome sight! Today I left early for work so I had some time to walk around around the Louvre pyramids. Mita, the Fromonts nanny, and I were just talking about how lucky these kids are to grow up in the midst of so much history! I got a French tele^hone set up this afternoon and my number is 06 20 13 553. Add 33 to the beginning and drop the 0 for calls from the US. I took pictures of my apartment and Ill upload them as soon as I can!

Love to all!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it and are settling. Crazy about the french keyboard. I couldn't even imagine trying to type on a different keyed keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..I'm so excited for you!! Glad you made it safely and can't wait to see pictures and hear all the stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo updates!!!

    my fave part of the weird french keyboard typing has to be that when you attempted to write "don't," it came out "donùt." haha speaking of which, i'm off to get a donut right now! can't wait to see pics of your apartment. woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you made it! My parents are flying to Paris today! If you see them, tell them I said hey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, so glad you got back on your blog. I'm hoping you'll have internet soon! Do you know if the intern thing is going to work? Tomorrow I will try Skype with your cell number and see if it works. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Paris...is as I remember it, and yet completely different!"- I know EXACTLY what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete