Saturday, March 14, 2009

Days are so much longer when you wake up at 6am!

im still a little off on my time but Ive decided it's really a good thing. This morning I woke up at 6 and couldnt go back to sleep, so I went downstairs and called Anne from the phone booth (or cabine en français). Then I went for a run by the Eiffel Tower, made myself a big breakfast and by that time it was only nine in the morning. I ran errands at the Monoprix (read: Target) and stopped into the Farmers market, which may seem like a usual task, but when there is a language barrier it really is not. In the end I settled on a box of raspberries, which tasted delicious! Trying to buy meat was just too difficult for today, LoL! This evening I babysat the two little boys (Maxime and Alexis) and have a little time so I thought I might try to tackle this keyboard yet again!

I met with Lysa and my internship is all set up. I will work on Mondays and Thursdays helping to edit the newsletter and answer emails, which I believe will turn into a difficult task as it's an international organization so they will be coming in all languages. Lysa seems unphased at my not nowing Spanish even though we will print the newsletter in English French and Spanish. I guess it will be a crash course for me! It will definitely be a challenge but Im already excited to begin and find my niche at ICOM. Its supposedly only run by 15 people or so, which means that they can use whatever help I can bring to the table and so far everyone I have met have been very nice and helpful.

Oh, so this might be an important piece of information... the phone number I wrote in the last blog is incorrect, or rather missing a number. It is 06 20 13 55 31. And I believe if you are calling from a number outside of France it is 33 62 01 35 531. For reference 33 is the French country code. As you can see, Im learning as I go. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get internet access from my apartment, as it will make skyping much easier. I did find a starbucks with WIFI access, so it would be just like home! But some conversations are not meant for the barrista to hear.

In case I cant get internet access for awhile, Monday starts the week count down until Annie arrives, and Im so excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your internship sounds amazing! I'm so excited for you! Oh and- ta mere travaille a Monoprix!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jules, I am finally all caught up on your Blog and your adventures! I am so excited for you!! I want to visit!!!! Enjoy your adventure! Miss you tons! LOVE YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete