Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Navigo

Today went to the Franklin Roosevelt metro station on the Champs Elysee to buy a Navigo pass. This allows me to use the metro and the bus in Paris without having to deal with those mangy tickets. I'm pretty excited because it gives me more freedom to push out past my little neighborhood and explore further throughout Paris without having to worry if I have enough tickets to get back (while saving a certain amount to get to my internship and the Fromonts etc). Its great! Plus, it's automatic so I basically just have to plop my purse down on the machine and it let's me go through. This is an added benefit because I usually stuff my purse to the brim so it saves me having to search through my purse, spending precious moments that might cause me to miss my metro.

That's all for today! Anne will be here exactly a week from today...woot woot!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I think i figured this comment thing out! Geez, have to be a rocket scientist :). Hey, I'm sending my friend Kim Guptill this blog and will ask her to be friend on fb. She lived in France (more than once I think. Has large "French" family there. 14 of them have stayed with her as teens She goes in May for the wedding of the first child she was nanny to. She is happy to share contacts with you - this generation of "family" is all in your age range. More later - lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "other" Anne may have to come up with different id - I'm too old to figure out how to change mine LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jules i'm loving your blog! your adventures sound amazing and it's so awesome to watch you living your dream!! much love from home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that would be great if your friend got in contact with me, Anne! I met up with a friend of my friends last night and it was a lot of fun, otherwise I would have just gone home and went to bed LoL!

    ReplyDelete