Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Happy St. Patty's Day to all!

I hope you wore your green yesterday :) Mine was a poor showing of green earrings and green in my scarf, but it was all I could do on a last minute notice! My friend Madeline got me in touch with a high school friend of hers who is in a master's program here in Paris. He studied abroad here for a year during undergrad and, like me, couldn't get enough of Paris, so he moved back! He invited me to celebrate St. Patty's Day at Kitty O'Sheas, a pub near La Grande Opera. The French don't really celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, but this Irish pub in particular played Irish music...sorry no jig from me this time...and gave out Guinness t-shirts and clover top hats! It was packed!
I was with quite an international crowd of Americans, French, British, and yes...Irish students. I was laughing with one of the Americans that it figures that my first night on the town back in Paris, I would be surrounded by other Americans and everyone would be speaking English! It was lots of fun and a nice alteration to my routine. The hat is pretty funny, I'll have to save it for next year's celebration of my heritage ;-)
The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous! Sunny all day with temperatures just low enough that you should have your arms covered but thats it. It reminds me of good San Francisco weather. Stupidly, I only brought heavy coats, so I guess I might have to make a stop at Les Halles (the mall) and make my first Parisian fashion purchase! I've been holding out, as it's like an addiction, once you begin buying French clothes, there it no telling when you might stop!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! So glad you're getting tom meet people. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete