Monday, March 2, 2009

My inspiration

I thought I would share two quotations that have been a source of inspiration for me in readying for my trip to Paris. The first is from the movie Paris Je T'aime (which means literally, Paris, I love you) and the second I received in a note from my Aunt, who has been a constant support in my trying to find a way to get back to Paris.

"Sitting there, alone in a foreign country,
far from my job and everyone I know, a feeling came over me.
It was like remembering something I'd never known before
or had always been waiting for, but I didn't know what.
Maybe it was something I'd forgotten or something I've been missing all my life.
All I can say is that I felt, at the same time, joy and sadness.
But not too much sadness, because I felt alive.

Yes, alive.

That was the moment I fell in love with Paris.
And I felt Paris fall in love with me." - Paris, Je t'aime


"If you know you're interested in something,
don't let imaginary boundaries or preconceptions prevent you from pursuing it.
The truth is, you can blur the lines as much as you want.
In fact, if you do, you'll probably find yourself more successful
than if you'd always done what was expected of you." - Unknown

Now I just have to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment