Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday in paradise, oh, I mean Paris!

Today was a beautiful day in Paris! It was probably in the upper fifties and sunny! I went to the Luxembourg gardens to read my book, (along with a third of the population of Paris). It is such a beautiful garden with immense history. It was originally build to be a widows palace for Marie (I think) de Medici, before she had a falling out with her son and was banished from Paris. Then it was a jail during the revolutionary and now it it houses the Senate. After two hours of lounging in the sun I took a stroll through Paris, centering myself with the Isle de la Cite and Notre Dame. In a few hours I saw the Hotel Dieu (a famous hospital of Paris), La Sainte Chappelle, the Latin Quarter, the Cluny Museum, and La Sorbonne...to name a few. I walked through what I thought was a farmers market, but turned out to be a market selling pets and pet necesities (rabbits, birds, cages food etc). I stopped at a bookstore which was selling novels for 50 centimes (I bought Gossip girls and Philadelphia en francais). Ate a ham and cheese crepe, watched a French Hip Hop group do a performance in the street and then, instead of locating my bus stop, I walked home along the Seine. My feet are killing me, but it was totally worth it! All in all, a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I have to be at ICOM bright and early so it's off to bed for me! Wish me luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Your day sounds fabulous :) And, I saw the pictures of your apartment on FB and it looks like a pretty awesome place to live! Enjoy it honey, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules,
    Great seeing you following your dream. Awesome adventure.
    Je t'aime,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete